Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Bag for a Baby Boy Named Bryson

I love giving homemade gifts for birthday, showers, and almost any other kind of special occasion you can think of. Not only do homemade gifts usually end up being cheaper, but they also show the person that you really cared about the gift you gave them.

I went to a baby shower this past weekend and this is the gift I took:
Hobby Lobby is an awesome place to find supplies for homemade gifts. I picked up this plain white tote for $2.47! I made a simple ruffle {my first ever} with my sewing machine, added some Fray Check to the edges of the fabric, and then sewed the ruffle onto the top of bag. The letter is cut from felt. I love felt....no fraying or pulling or peeling...plus it can be hot glued on {which is exactly what I did}!

Inside the bag are some fun baby goodies {aka a personalized bib, a monogrammed burp cloth, a teddy bear, and a paci keeper}.

It only takes a little money and a little time to make a really great homemade gift!
Do you ever give {or receive} homemade gifts?
Pin It!

15 comments:

Ambrosia said...

I LOVE to receive homemade gifts. It shows that the person really thought about you and what you might like to have. I plan to give a few homemade gifts this year - starting with baby items for my friend who's in the hospital as I type!

Foursons said...

What a great gift! I neither make or receive homemade gifts. I think I'm missing out.

Kmama said...

I love homemade gifts. I was so very disappointed when I had all my showers for Buddy and I didn't receive even one homemade blanket for him. How bizarre is that? I guess my domestic disaster genes run deeper than I thought. LOL

Jennifer said...

This is a great idea :) I have a baby shower next week and might have to try it :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a cute gift. I love homemade gifts (to give and receive) & I really love any fabric that can be hot glued :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I love making homemade gifts too. Especially for new little bundles! I love the bag. And nice job on the ruffle! :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Precious!! I love homemade gifts...given and received. :) The ruffle is so much fun!

Hope you might stop by to enter my Stitch Sense Designs Giveaway today! :)

Kelli said...

I love homemade gifts (man I need to pull out the sewing machine!!!)...I love to give them and get them. This bag is really cute and I love the ruffle. You are so thoughtful and I hope your friend enjoys the bag.

Anonymous said...

Awww what a great gift. I've receiving many homemade gifts, it would be disasterous for me to give something made from me though lol.

Unknown said...

I love your bag and that ruffle looks great. I have been wanting to try a ruffle for a while but I am scared! I think this project gives me the inspiration to try! I just love giving and receiving homemade or personalized gift, especially for my babies!

Hanna said...

Hi there! This tote is super cute. Your blog is adorable. I am now following you on twitter and google:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

cute idea!! if you have time, please come link up to ladybug blessings handmade tuesdays at www.ladybug-blessings.com

Myya said...

I want you to be my In-REAL-life-friend! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That's a great baby gift!

Sassy Sites! said...

This is adorable! I'm your 900th follower!! :) I found you at Tip Junkie! You can find me at Sassy Sites- xoxo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...