Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fluffer Nutter Cupcakes

For Mother's Day my hubby made me an awesome breakfast of pancakes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Like most men, my hubby is the master of breakfast....but not so much a dessert kind of guy. I knew that, so on Saturday I decided to make some yummy cupcakes for our Mother's Day dessert. I came across this recipe and I was hooked as soon as I saw the peanut butter/marshmallow fluff combo! I've also been wanting to try the fun chocolate dipped technique since I saw these Hi-Hat Cupcakes made by none other than Martha Stewart. Please don't compare mine to her's because I obviously need to work on my piping skills:)
Now before we get to the recipe, do you see those awesomely beautiful cupcake wrappers? I picked them up at Winn-Dixie {while on a twenty minute quest to find marshmallow fluff which they were sold out of}. They are Reynold's brand cupcake holders that are lined with foil. Do you see how pretty they still after I baked my cupcakes? The usual paper cupcake wrappers fade and get kind of greasy...not these! They stayed pretty! And you can even use them without a cupcake pan because they are lined with foil! They were a little more expensive than the normal paper cup, but so worth it for that pretty wrapper:)

Fluffer Nutter Cupcakes
This recipe is adapted from one I found at parenting.com.
It is from the Betty Crocker's The Big Book of Cupcakes and they are called Peanut Butter Cupcakes.

Cupcakes
  • 3 cups AP  flour sifted
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt1cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4cup milk
Frosting
  • 1 1/2cups butter, softened
  • 1 1/2cups creamy peanut butter
  • 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate Coating
  • 3 cups chocolate candy melts
Heat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups in 28 regular-size muffin cups. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.

Beat 1 cup butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about 1/3 of mixture at a time, and milk, about 1/2 at a time, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.  Beat just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake 20 to 24 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Beat 1 1/2 cups butter and the peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme. On low speed, gradually add powdered sugar until blended. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat 3 minutes longer.

Add frosting into decorating bag fitted with large round tip {I used a large ziploc bag and it worked okay, but I think a really icing bag would work better}. On top of each cupcake, pipe frosting in circles making cone shape with peak in center. Refrigerate cupcakes at least 45 minutes to harden frosting before dipping in chocolate coating.

Microwave your chocolate candy melts until smooth. Dip frosting on each cupcake into chocolate coating to coat frosting completely, letting excess chocolate drip off. Refrigerate to set coating, about 5 minutes.
Visit thecsiproject.com
****************************
In case you missed it yesterday, I shared a SUPER fun tutorial on how to make Sidewalk Chalk Paint at Positively Splendid as part of the Summer Survival Guide. Head over and check it out!
Positively Splendid
Pin It!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM! They sound yummy and your piping is much better than mine. My cupcakes for Zoe's party were a mess!

Jenilee said...

ok - those looks amazing! great job! and thanks for the recipe :)

Kmama said...

Those sound heavenly (and look so pretty)! I so wish Buddy wasn't allergic to nuts and peanuts. :-(

Ambrosia said...

Those look sooooo amazing! I will have to try them for sure!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh yum. Oh yum, yum, yum. I almost never make anything with peanut butter in it because I am the only one who likes it. And you know what that equals: me eating the entire batch :(

Heidi Boos said...

Wow! Those look amazing and I certainly do love the cupcake liners!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day!!

Foursons said...

Those look beautiful AND delicious! I love the cupcake holders too. So fancy. What did you use for the backdrop in your shots? Is that scrapbook paper? It looks great!

Darcie said...

Those cupcakes are cupcakes with class! ;-) They look way cool, and just as yummy looking!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

ok...i NEED one of those cupcakes...NOW!! I might have to go to the store and pick up everything to make those tonight!!

Heather said...

I will DEF be making these for my hubby's Birthday party this weekend! THanks!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Drooling here!! Kelli, those are gorgeous and they look fantastic too. Very impressed with those liners!

heidi said...

Those are awesome. No, I really mean it - I just bought a pastry bag with a few tips but I'm afraid to use them because I dunno how. LOL

Erin said...

Holy smokes! They look divine! And your cupcake wrappers are awesome! I've seen the foil ones but haven't purchased them. I'm so schooled now! Gonna go get some so I can make these cupcakes!!!

Anonymous said...

These look amaaazing!! I've seen plenty of peanut butter/marshmallow cupcakes, but I love that you made them hi-hat by dipping them in chocolate. The frosting sounds SO good. Thanks for the recipe and the idea!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That is awesome to be able to bake the cupcakes and still have the liners looking pretty! Those hi hats look wonderful and I bet that recipe is delicious. Your photos are so pretty :)

HOOTENANNY...Jennifer Jacks said...

Those look delish...can't wait to try your recipe...can't wait to taste that shiny chocolate frosting...thanks!
www.hootenannyauburn.blogspot.com

Inga´s Haven said...

ohhmy ... I´m gonna go looking for a store that sells marshmallow cream here in Iceland .. haven´t seen it yet :)

this looks so pretty !!!

Angie Holden said...

These sound amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

yum!! and I love those liners!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness these are divine. I may just have to make these for a bridal shower I'm hosting on Saturday even though this has nothing to do with the tea party theme!! Fabulous! I'm assuming they taste as good as they look!?

thenewwittys said...

omg that looks extremely delicious and beautiful!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They look so yummy, and I love the cupcake liners!

angie said...

YUM! definitely going to have to make these!!

Anonymous said...

These look so good!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Yum! These look so good! I always wondered if you were supposed to use the foil separately or with the paper liner. Now I know to use it with the liner. I didn't make it, but yesterday I had the most amazing cupcake - salted caramel. Who doesn't love a cupcake?

Caught in the Middle said...

Wow! These look divine!!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

If you only knew how i live for peanut butter ! And those cupcake wrappers are to die for!

Thanks so much for the tip!

Brady Lou said...

These look so good and I just LOVE marshmallow fluff! Will have to try these soon!

Alexandra said...

Absolutely amazing! Please share with our readers by linking up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. I know they will be blown away by these! Thanks!http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/banana-and-peanut-butter-egg-muffins

Unknown said...

I'm drooling! Please send me a couple dozen of these!!!! The ingredients need to be in my mouth!!!! Congrads! This was the most viewed link last week at Whatever Goes Wednesday party at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Unknown said...

I forgot to say I am highlighting at the party this week! Duh!

keatseatsblog said...

These look amazing! Great photos too! Come link up at my Sweet Treats Party tomorrow! I'd love to see you there :)
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Joi Montrief said...

I am totally going to try this! I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays tomorrow (Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon!!!

Unknown said...

I made them and they were absolutely phenomenal!!! Almost wish I had never seen this because now I want to make them ALL THE TIME!!! I linked back to you too! Thank you SO much for this recipe!

Jenn Erickson said...

Natalie over at "A Turtle's Life..." was raving about your cupcakes that she made for a bridal shower tea and I just had to come by and check out the recipe. Yum! Not only yum, but they look lovely as well!

New follower,
Jenn/Rook No. 17

Sprite said...

My mom and I made these yesterday. They are AMAZING. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh, I forgot about fluffer nutters! Yum! These sound so good. (and I love the cute wrappers, too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...