Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A New Aid in the Kitchen

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I got a new toy over the weekend. I'm pretty sure from the hint I gave yesterday that most of you figured out that I got a new mixer:) And you are right! I got a brand new shiny KitchenAid mixer this weekend....kind of an early Mother's Day gift {and a Hey, I've got a 20% off coupon at Kohl's kinda thing too}!
 My old KitchenAid mixer was still kicking after almost 9 years, but it was just barely getting by. When I bake, I bake big...meaning dozens of dozens of cookies, and my old mixer honestly just wasn't big enough. So I did a little research and little price comparison and decided to go with the Professional 600 Series mixer in a lovely shade of Pearl Metallic.
 The box said it could hold up to 14 cups of flour! As soon as I saw that I was sold....that means I can make a triple batch of my chocolate chip cookie dough without straining my new mixer when before my older model was groaning with a double batch.
Here is a shot before she even took her first spin....full of sugar, brown sugar, and eggs:
 And this is what she looks like with a triple batch of chocolate chip cookie dough:
 And one of the best parts about making cookie dough....getting to clean the beater:) This beater is way bigger than my old one too which means twice as much cookie dough left on the beater!
Now I'm off to scoop, bake, and cool dozens of dozens of cookies for Teacher Appreciation Week!
Pin It!

20 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

So so jealous!!
Not only does the dough look delicious, the mixer is gorgeous!

Happy Mother's Day :)

Angie said...

I don't have a mixer and never have. I think getting one would change my life. haha! Yours sure is pretty! Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

Wahooo! Happy early Mother's Day!

Kelli said...

Look at you...the professional. That is a nice mixer and I'm sure you'll be getting some great use out of it. Feel free to send me some of those cookies in the mail :)

laxsupermom said...

Congrats on scoring a new mixer! I love my big Pro600 and love how it can handle the bigger batches. Your cookie dough looks fantastic! One thing you're going to want to grab is the scraper beater. Totally worth it. I want to say it's $25-30. Such a time saver. Love the color you picked. Thanks for sharing.

Darcie said...

How exciting for you!!! That there is one pretty new shiny toy, that not only you will love, but your boys will be lovin' all the treats you cook up.

Kmama said...

How fun!! I would love a mixer like that, but then I'd have to find a place to store it and we already have too much on our counters.

An Everyday Housewife! said...

I use the dough hook for making cookie dough, it goes through it so much smoother!

Unknown said...

jealously of the insane variety!

Unknown said...

Don't you love the kitchen aid mix master? I have two...yep, one small that we got for a wedding gift 13 years ago, one your new size and guess what, I got the bigger size at a garage sale for $30! I'm dying to get the new clear glass bowl for it. Then, I would totally feel like Martha!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You lucky girl, you! Triple batch of cookies? I'd be in heaven!!

heidi said...

I am SO jealous!!! I don't even own A kitchen Aid mixer. I think we have to break up now.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

She's a beauty!! :) I don't use mine often, but I have noticed that it has trouble with big batches...I like your thinking!

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

Love it! I had an old one but was too heavy to heave in out of the cupboard. Your one looks awesome!

Clifford Jeffery said...

Oh awesome!!!

Dee said...

OHHH! I like! I can't wait to see everything that you make with it. I got one about 2 years ago at Kohls! It was on sale, I got 30% off, there was a mail in rebate, AND I got $10 for every $50 that I spent! Definitely the place to get a good deal on those!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a great gift! Enjoy! My mom has that one (also a Mother's Day gift) and loves it!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I don't know what is making me drool more the mixer or the cookies!! So jealous, what a fun new toy you have!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I know that you will really enjoy that gift. FUN and yummy.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! I want one bad. Jealous of the new toy but congrats:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...