Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rustic Frame Makeover

Summer is officially here. We've had an interesting few days to say the least!
*all three boys went to my parents' for a visit*
*a business trip cancelled after we were already headed out of town*
*shopping instead of tripping*
*first movie of the summer*
*last tennis lesson until fall*
*running 2 miles*
Needless to say I am more than tired which I'm using as an excuse to avoid my blog for a few days:) Instead of posting something new for you today, I am reposting a guest post that I did last week for Yanet over at 3 Sunkissed Boys.
**********************
Today I am sharing a simple spray paint project that is part of my bigger Master Bedroom Redo.
I started with these really cute frames that I bought a few years ago. I loved them because the colors were perfect for our room and they had that rustic yet tropical feel that I was going for at the time.
Since I decided to add red into the decor, the two tones of blue just weren't working in the room anymore. The easiest solution for that problem is a little bit of red spray paint, some newspaper, and some painters tape.
I used the painters tape to mask off just the darker color blue and then I used the newspaper to protect the rest of the frame that I didn't want the red spray paint to get on.
After the paint dried overnight, I used a piece of sandpaper to rough up the red a little bit just to make it match the rustic-ness of the rest of the frame.
I added in some new black and white pictures, and now my frames are ready to go into my {still in progress} master bedroom.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

I am loving that red/blue combo! I'm working with it right now in my living room! :)

Kmama said...

Super cute. I just don't think like you do. You are blessed!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I love that touch of red! Looks fabulous, Kelli. :) I think I'll be doing some reposting and guest posting this summer...I want to be able to spend more time with my girls and not feel "guilty" for not having a new post. every. single. day.

PS. I am so envious that your parents took the kids!! WoW!!

Lauren said...

What a cute way to jazz up a frame!

Unknown said...

neato!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You've been busy!
I love the frame makeover, and I really like the picture you put in it!

Darcie said...

TWO MILES!!!! You are doing awesome Kelli!!! Seriously you will be at that 5K before you know it.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You are so busy!! I'm happy that your summer has started out so wonderfully, but I hope {for your sake} that it slows down a little too. Love that frame, and yay for shopping! :)

Angie Holden said...

Love those colors! That frame reminds me of some in the pottery barn catalog!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

WOw, beautiful!
ladeedacreations.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...