Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, September 30, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration: Football Door Hangers

My craft {and recipe, decorating, photography, holiday, and party} to do list keeps getting longer and longer...mostly thanks to Pinterest! I am seriously pinning amazing ideas way faster than I can create them! A few weeks ago I pinned a really cute Football Door Hanger that I knew would be perfect on my front porch along with my Football Windsocks! I had all the supplies in my craft stash, I just kept putting off making them...until I finally convinced a few of my friends to come over for a craft day! We spent a few hours turning plain burlap into these adorable Football Door Hangers:

I don't have a step by step for you...mostly because I was dealing with Eli and trying to make four of these without getting too confused! {Check out Amanda's blog post to see her step by step.} They are actually really easy to make. We started by cutting out some plain burlap in the shape of a football, two footballs per door hanger. Then we spray painted one side of each burlap football with brown spray paint. After the paint was dry we added the fun painted embellishments to the piece that was going to be the front. You can also paint on two of the burlap footballs and make it reversible. My friend Tonya is apparently a great free-hand painter so she did the letters:) After the paint was dry, we layered two of the footballs together and then used a stapler to attach them to each other leaving one end open to stuff them. We added in a ribbon to the top to hang them with, stuffed them with plastic grocery bags, and closed up the hole using the stapler. Pretty easy and SUPER cute! That's one project I can mark off my {Pinterest} to do list!

Have you been working on any Pinterest inspired projects lately?
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Pin It!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Love! so glad you made one! Looks good!
Amanda

Unknown said...

I love pinterest!! I also pin faster that I create, mostly because I have no "be creative funds". Hopefully one day soon, I will be able to create something!!

Tiffani

P.S. The football looks great!!

Kmama said...

Cute!! They look much bigger on your door than when you pinned them.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

SO cute!!! Girl, I was just thinking last night that I need some time to just got through stuff I've Pinned (esp. recipes) and try things out!

Kelly said...

I have yet to be on pinterest, but I love seeing great ideas through you! I love how creative you are!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I love that you used staples!!! I don't sew but I can sure staple!!
I'm going to have to try this - I have some extra burlap somewhere in my craft mess :)

More Than Words said...

I knew I'd come here and find something fantastic!!!!!!!!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I saw this on CSI Project as an idea and thought it was the cutest thing. Your version turned out great and is perfect for this time of year.

Joanna said...

Turned out great! I have been meaning to break out and make one...I will do that tonight! Making sure that Hobby Lobby is on my list today. Don't ya love Pinterest?! I keep getting more and more things to do.

Lauren said...

I LOVE this so much, but am so scared to try because my painting skills leave something to be desired. Yours looks fantastic!

Foursons said...

I visited that site once and haven't been back because I don't need anything else on my To-Do list. Is that sad or what?!

amanda said...

LOVE it! and i LOVE pinterest. so cute! i just wish my ideas would turn out like the do in my head. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...