Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, May 21, 2012

Roadtrip Ready: Make Roadtrip T-shirts

Today's Roadtrip idea is one that is SUPER fun and really easy to personalized for your trip: Roadtrip T-shirts! I've made vacation shirts for my boys before, and we always get so many complements on their shirts. Plus having a cute personalized shirt for the trip makes it that much more fun for the kiddos, and saves you a little money because you won't have to buy those expensive and not very cute touristy t-shirts!
You can really make almost anything into a cute shirt for almost any kind of roadtrip:
Mickey {here's my version} or Minnie {here's Amanda's cute version} for a trip to Disney
a silhouette of the Statue of Liberty for a visit to New York City
a surfboard with waves for a trip to the beach
your kid's favorite animal for a trip to the zoo
******
I decided to make camper {aka Airstream} shirts for my boys since that is going to be our mode of transportation for this roadtrip, and I think they turned out SUPER cute. I especially love the silhouette of the Airstream on the tie dye shirts...kind of has a hippie feel:) You can also make a girly version of this shirt, but since I don't have any girls to make shirts for you'll have to check out my friend Liz's cute camper shirt.
I didn't do a step by step for this shirt {mostly because I have a million things on my to do list and I didn't have time to stop and take pictures at every step} so you can check out my other crafty T-SHIRT tutorials to get more detail on how to make cute Roadtrip T-shirts for your next trip!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Kelli, that is adorable!! It came out so nicely (saw the "preview" on Instagram). Love this idea...maybe I'll try a beach themed one for the girls this summer. And thanks for linking over to my t-shirt tutorial!!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! I love the idea and it can be done with many trips!

HoneySage said...

It is so fun to have themed clothes for a trip. I love the design! Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

What an adorable model! I love all of the shirts that you create :)

carissa said...

oh my word. absolutely CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I LOVE appliqued tees for kids. LOVE. And I haven't done them in such a long time. I feel a project comin' on ;)

Yours came out SOOOOO cute. I just want to squeeze him!
{Thank you so much for linking to mine!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...