Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Washi Tape Christmas Trees: Easy Kid's Craft

If you  are looking for a fun, quick, and easy Christmas craft to do with your kiddos, look no further! It doesn't get cuter or easier than these Washi Tape Christmas Trees!
Start with a print out of a Christmas tree outline, some colorful washi tape, and scissors.
 Let your kiddo cut out the Christmas tree, 
 then give them a couple of rolls of washi tape and let them get busy covering the whole tree.
 They can do a solid color tree, 
 make a pattern, or just decorate it randomly. 
 I let my boys cover their tree on our kitchen table making sure to go all the way {and past in some cases} to the edges...the beauty of washi tape is that is isn't so sticky that it leaves a mess if it sticks to furniture {or kids or clothes}.
 When they are done covering the whole tree, simply peel it up, turn it over, and trim off the excess tape.
 Showing off their Christmas trees!
 Laughing at the silly dogs who photo-bombed us:)
 These would be really cute framed, strung up together to make a garland, or even sent to friends and family in the mail! So break out the washi tape and get busy making some cute and easy Christmas trees!

Linking up here..
Holiday
Pin It!

12 comments:

Kmama said...

Cute! I've never heard of washi tape before. Something new to look for!

Angie said...

Where do you get washi tape? I've never heard of it. This looks like a fun craft my two monkeys would love!!

Mariel said...

So fun! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

Terra Heck said...

That's a really cute and festive craft for the holidays.

Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! what a fun project for kids!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Very cute kids craft idea! Thanks for linking this, too!!

Anonymous said...

What a nice craft idea, i guess my kids would like to do the same.

Unknown said...

I have a love affair with washi tape. We made washi tape candy corn for Halloween :) I love these trees.
I'd love to have you link it at my link party!
Gifts Kids Can Make Link Party

Jennifer Dawn said...

Okay...I need some washi tape, so I can do these with my kiddos. Thanks for sharing! I'd love to have you stop by my weekly link party and link this up. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-20.html

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

That is a fun cute kids craft, I love the proudly showing off pics. Crafts really give kids a sense of achievement

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That is a great idea!

Cindy deRosier said...

So simple and so cute! I liked it so much I submitted it at Fun Family Crafts and it's being featured. You can see it here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/washi-tape-christmas-tree/

Thanks for sharing this idea. I can't wait to try it with my son.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...